The Lord’s Day
The development of an extended church family that will rally around the fatherless boy and his family is a vital component to the whole ministry. Our desire is to demonstrate to the single mother that she is not alone in her struggle to raise a family by herself and that the fatherless boy has many “uncles” and “grandfathers” that will model for him what it means to be a godly man in this world.
The deacons and women of the church will give support to the single mom as well as the boy. But this component of the ministry is not just for the abandoned boy and his mom. Because the negative impact upon abandoned girls is just as profound, our desire is that the local church ministers to the whole family. Fathers in the Field mobilizes the local church into kingdom work and awaken them to the crying needs of abandoned boys and single moms in their community.
As a Mentor Father to an abandoned boy, you have entered upon “holy ground” where God, your Heavenly Father, promises to be your Guide and Counselor.
- Annual Celebration Event
- Fathers in the Field is founded on the principle that the Year-end Celebration Event should be a “field” event-one that takes place in God’s great outdoors.
- Journey Talks™
- This is the day that the Mentor Father can lovingly share and demonstrate the wisdom of an earthly father and the wisdom of the Heavenly Father.
- The Lord’s Day
- The development of an extended church family that will rally around the fatherless boy and his family is a vital component to the whole ministry.
- Community Service
- In community service, the boys develop a serving attitude towards their mothers, the church and the community.
- Monthly Commitment Summary
- In summary there is a minimum of 4 contacts between Mentor Father and Field Buddy per month.
A collection of video favorites.