We at Fathers in the Field believe in the following unchangeable truths.
Listening to the heart of God
- We believe in one God, Creator and Lord of the Universe, the co-eternal Trinity; Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that Jesus Christ, God’s Son, was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, lived a sinless life, died a substitutionary atoning death on the cross, rose bodily from the dead and ascended to heaven where, as truly God and indeed man, He is the only mediator between God and man.
- We believe that the Bible is God’s authoritative and inspired Word. It is without error in all its teachings, including creation, history, its own origins, and salvation. Christians must submit to its divine authority, both individually and corporately, in all matters of belief and conduct, which is demonstrated by authentic righteous living.
- We believe that all people are lost sinners and cannot see the Kingdom of God except through the new birth. Justification is by grace through faith in Christ alone.
- We believe in one holy, universal, and apostolic Church. Its calling is to worship God and witness concerning its Head, Jesus Christ, preaching the Gospel among all nations and demonstrating its commitment by compassionate service to the needs of human beings and promoting righteousness and justice.
- We believe in the necessity of the work of the Holy Spirit for the individual’s new birth and growth to maturity, and for the Church’s constant renewal in truth, wisdom, faith, holiness, love, power, and mission.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of both the just and unjust. The unjust to judgment and eternal conscious punishment in Hell. The just to eternal blessedness in the presence of Him who sits on the throne and of the Lamb.
- We believe that Jesus Christ will personally and visibly return in glory to raise the dead and bring salvation and judgment to completion. God will fully manifest His kingdom when He establishes a new heaven and new earth, in which He will be glorified forever and exclude all evil, suffering, and death.
Missional Biblical Distinctives
Fatherlessness actively subverts God’s plan for humanity because men are uniquely designed by God to be the Pastor, Provider, and Protector of the family.
- Men lead the family, the little Church, into a correct understanding of God and salvation through Christ. God designed them to stand firm for the Gospel of Christ and to lovingly lead their wives and children in the ways of the Lord.
- It is their responsibility to provide for the bodily and spiritual needs of the family.
- Their presence gives security and sanctuary to the home, providing a place of safety.
Fatherlessness strikes at the heart of the Gospel (Isaiah 1:17: James 1:27), the position of Jesus within the Church (Ephesians 5:22-33), and the image of the divine and God-ordained family structure (Genesis 2:18, 20-26). Children are gifts from God that a father and a mother are privileged to raise.
The Local Church
God’s design is that every Believer is part of the Church through participation in a local Church. The local Church serves as the primary environment for experiencing the Biblical community and carrying out the mission He has given us.
- The local church is a family of families. (1 Corinthians 12:20-26; Ephesians 2:19, 4:11-14; 1 Timothy 3:5; Titus 2:1-8; Hebrews 10:23-24).
- The vehicle for reaching our community, our nation, as well as the world, with the Gospel as shown in Scripture is through the multiplication of local churches. (Matthew 16:13-18, 28:18-20; Acts 1:8, 2:41-43, 8:1-3, 11:22-26, 13:1-3, 14:21-28, 15:2-4, 22-36, 18:22, 20:17, 28,32,21:18-19; Philippians 1:27; 2:12-16).
- We believe in the autonomy of each local Church under the headship of Christ to decide and govern its affairs, and this applies when the Pastor / Church decides and agrees to implement the Fathers in the Field Ministry.
Complementary Design and Purpose of Men and Women
God created men and women as equal image-bearers of God, yet with differing but complementary roles that are to be celebrated. Because of the sinfulness of mankind, God’s design has been perverted throughout history. The Church should be a place where the wonder of His plan is put on full display. God’s design is articulated in the second chapter of Genesis before the fall. This passage is used to support all other references to the roles of men and women in the family and the Church, indicating that these roles were pre-Fall and, therefore, not cultural or time-sensitive.
- God has created men and women wonderfully different as complements, of equal value, and with differing functions for the good of all mankind. (Genesis 2:7-25; 1 Corinthians 11:1-16; Ephesians 5:21-23; 1 Timothy 2:2-15; Galatians 3:23-29; 1 Peter 3:1-6).
- This distinct and complementary design is seen fundamentally in the marriage relationship where the husband is called to sacrificial leadership as head of the home, as the wife is graciously called to follow her husband’s leadership. (Genesis 2:7-25; 3:1-19; 1 Corinthians 11;1-16; 14;34-35; Ephesians 5:21-33; Colossians 3:18-19; Titus 2:4-5; 1 Peter 3:1-7)
- God’s perfect design is to be also modeled in the Church Body dynamic. Some governing and teaching roles within the Church are restricted to men (1 Corinthians 11:2-16; 1 Timothy 2:11-15). According to these and other verses, the Pastor/Shephard/Elder is the exclusive role of a man within the Church.
Sinful culture is out to destroy and warp these beautiful and divinely created Biblical institutions. When they are removed or dismissed, all people suffer the effects.
Fathers in the Field is committed to upholding our Heavenly Father’s Truths by combating our sinful culture and holding firm to the Gospel.
We pray we can battle for the fatherless alongside you in our mission to bring Christ glory. We strive daily, in our reach and rescue mission, to become a Voice for the orphan and widows of our time, in their distress and pleas for help.