“Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love. In this the love of God was made manifest among us, that God sent his only Son into the world, so that we might live through him. In this is love, not that we have loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.” -1 John 4:8-10 ESV
Biblical Love involves self-sacrifice for the good of others. Are you showing Biblical Love to the fatherless or just selfishness?
In our sinful world the concept of love is often high jacked to be self-serving, causing us to focus on ourselves rather than on those we are called to love. We forget what love really is and how it’s designed to function. The Bible declares that God is love and describes all the ways that God loves humanity, that we might see His actions as the sole definition and basis for genuine love.
Let’s break the concept down. Love requires an object to be loved. It also requires action on the part of the one loving. Love is best demonstrated in the Trinity. God the Father loves God the Son and God the Spirit and in turn is loved by them. This relationship is in view when the Bible says God is love. God’s love for humanity was demonstrated when He sent the Son to save us from sin, death and corruption. Humanity is the object of God’s love and the focus of His action. What an amazing reality, that God loves us this much.
Do the fatherless boys in your community see and experience love from the world’s point of view or from God’s?
The 25+ million fatherless children in our country have seen their father’s selfish version of love as he walked out the door. They feel unloved, worthless and angry. They desire to be loved by the man who was designed by God to lead them into manhood, protect and guide them through life.
Together we can help them learn about the love of our Heavenly Father, one that speaks out against injustice and champions those who are being harmed. A love that is not passive but bold. A love that allows room for anger, hurt and sadness but never leaves people in these places. The love of God works to heal all hurts. It provides HOPE! The love of God binds His people together.
Fathers in the Field is Love in Action to fatherless boys who don’t feel loved by their earthly fathers and need to know the love of their Heavenly Father. We provide all the tools churches and their men need to truly love the fatherless boys in their communities. The time to stand idly by is gone!
Stand with us today by imitating God and truly loving the fatherless, here are some ways you can help!
- Financial and Prayer Support: Your faithful support dollars allow us to reach more boys with the life changing Gospel and your prayers help pave the way to making this happen.
- Become a Mentor Father: Give back directly to a fatherless boy in your community by Standing in the Gap.
- Share Fathers in the Field with:
- Your Pastor: Share this life changing ministry and help your church get started.
- Your Church Missions Committee: Ask the committee to help support us financially.
- Your Friends: Who knows maybe one of your friends would love to be a Mentor Father, supporter or maybe they know of a fatherless boy in need.
- Your Family: Sharing with those closet to you helps us spread both the needs of the fatherless and how we can all join together to help them.
- Help Identify a Potential Missionary: We need more full time missionaries to help get churches started with the ministry across the country. Help us connect with men who have a heart to see the fatherless reached and be healed. This opportunity is not for the faint of heart!